A Few Notes From Cheryl
Happy New Year: I want to wish each and every one of you a MEANINGFUL 2011 that is filled with all that is important to you, personally and professionally.
Goals InSight Celebrates 8 Years: This month, we celebrate our 8th anniversary! On this occasion, I want to thank you, our friends and clients, for all that you bring to the work that we do together. Over the years, we’ve received so many comments and heartfelt notes about the impact that our work together has had on you and your teams, and it is this type of impact that is more gratifying than words can describe.
In honor of our 8th anniversary, I also want to thank each and every one of you who has referred your friends and colleagues to us. We are very intentionally a personal, service-based business (i.e. we provide personal service, we don’t advertise in the way that some companies do, etc.), so it is through your continued referrals that has helped us spread the word about our offerings, which in turn has helped us continue to evolve and grow for the past 8 years. Thank you so much!
Team Toolbox #3: Is your team ready for some new tools to be successful in 2011? If so, it is a pleasure to announce the creation of a brand new audio workshop series, Team Toolbox #3! This eight workshop series includes “New Year, New Opportunities – Jump Start Your Team to Success,” “Beyond the Project – 5 Critical Factors for Your Team’s Success on Any Project,” “Who Moved My Stress” and many more. See details on our Products page at or you can call us at (510) 482-8987.
2011 E-Newsletter: After almost seven years of monthly e-newsletters, we are moving to a less frequent publishing schedule this year. I have to be honest – there are months that I really enjoy writing the feature articles for InSights, and there are some months where it feels more like a “should” than a “want”…so, I think it’s time to change that! You will definitely hear from me throughout the year, but the specific time frames are yet to be determined.
Feature Article: I hope you enjoy this month’s feature article “New Beginnings”. Make this your best year YET! Read on...
return to top
Feature Article: New Beginnings
It’s a brand new year – a new opportunity for a new beginning, in whatever way(s) you wish!
Many of you are participating in new teams that are beginning their work together right now. Here are a few examples:
- I’m working with several new Boards of Directors of professional associations who are starting off their terms together in January / February, and want to kick off their work together with a solid foundation of team agreements as well as camaraderie to ensure success (this is particularly important for volunteer Board roles, where everyone brings in assumptions about how the Board will work together based on how they do it in their “day jobs,” so it’s critical to get everyone aligned in your expectations of each other)
- I’m working with teams that are kicking off new projects/new initiatives and you want to ensure that your team is aligned for success this year both strategically (from a planning perspective) as well as operationally (from a team development perspective), so that you can deliver the bottom line results your organization is counting on.
You may have a new role this year, as a new leader, project manager, or team member. Or, perhaps you’re currently in transition between jobs, and are trying to determine what type of position and company that you’d like to land in next.
For example, I’m working with someone right now who has taken on a new leadership role in a new company, and she already knows what she will do in the role, but wants to get clarity about how she will “be” in this role. If this describes you, here are some questions to ask:
- WHO do you want to be on a daily basis?
- WHAT’s the impact you want to have on others around you (i.e. what do you want to be known for)?
- HOW can you make sure you are honoring your own personal values in this new role?
- WHAT will you do to ensure that you show up at work as the person you want to be each day?
- HOW will you know that you’ve been successful?
Maybe there’s nothing “new” happening for you right now, other than it is the beginning of a new year! You, too, can take advantage of this time to create what you want…see below!
Use Your New Beginning as a Visioning Opportunity
Whatever “new” thing is that’s happening for you (even if it’s just a new year!), NOW is an opportunity to create your vision for the year. I’m not talking about resolutions here – I’m talking about the concept of beginning with the end in mind. In other words, get clarity on who you want to be and what you want to create this year!
Some places to look:
- WHO do you want to be this year? As leader? As team member? As colleague? Friend? Significant other? Parent? Child? Sibling? What other roles do you play in life that are important to you?
- WHAT do you want to accomplish this year that would be MEANINGFUL? Ask this question for each role that you identified in #1 above.
- HOW will you get from where you are today to where you want to be? Identify all of the sources of support you will need at home and at work – make it EASY by tapping into all of your teams at work and at home!
Create What You Want
Nike said it best: JUST DO IT! Really. Don’t make it complicated or hard. Just get clarity on what you want, and create it this year. Take your first step TODAY and make this your best year YET!
You and your team's success is our priority, so if you’d like some help along the way, we would be happy to talk with you about how we might support you and/or your team for a productive and meaningful new year kickoff. Several of you have asked lately if I provide individual or executive coaching in addition to the team coaching, and the answer is “yes”! Feel free to call me at (510) 482-8987 or send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org - it would be a pleasure to talk about how I can help you start the year out right!
return to top
Currently we have private workshops scheduled. Stay tuned for public workshops that will be announced soon.
Team Building Events and Off-Site Meetings:
Could your team use some help to be more cohesive?
Is it time to enhance your team's relationships and productivity?
Some teams know that something isn't working, but they don't know exactly what that is or how to improve it. Some organizations hold team building seminars and employee retreats because they know it's time to enhance their teams' productivity and relationships. Do either of those statements describe you/your team? If so, and if you haven't already contacted us to discuss your needs, feel free to give us a call to see if we can help you.
We offer a variety of programs to enhance the performance of your teams as well as improve the ways in which your teams interact, so we invite you to visit our Team Building, Training and Seminar page. This is a great way to show appreciation for your team and enhance their productivity, thereby improving the bottom line for your organization!
return to top
About Goals InSight
Goals InSight helps organizations achieve their desired results in the following ways - click on any of the links for details:
If you know someone who could benefit from our offerings, would you please forward this e-newsletter with your recommendation? We appreciate your referrals, as this is how we continue to grow and evolve – thank you in advance!
return to top